A country’s immigration laws and processes can be overpowering, complex and time consuming. Vietnam is no exception to this rule. 

We work with the top authorized local experts in order to ensure time efficient and flawless legal paperwork for you, your family and your pets!

Program Overview

Relocation Profile and Immigration Needs Analysis 

  • Pre-arrival one-on-one consultation*
  • Comprehensive questionnaire detailing specific immigration inquiries and needs

Pre-Arrival Assistance 

  • Immigration profile assessment
  • Preparation of all required legal documents 
  • Guidance, information and support services*

Immigration Assistance and Support 

  • Business visa
  • Work permit
  • Temporary Resident Card

Pet Relocation Assistance and Support

  • Pet immigration profile assessment
  • Vaccination and test requirements
  • Import papers and other necessary legal paperwork 
  • Recommendations and advice for pet transport and routes
  • Any additional information or assistance concerning your pet

Keeping in Touch

  • Follow up consultation*
      * Consultation and support services are conducted by mail, telephone and/ or skype.

All types of Vietnam visa will be available again for US citizens

All types of Vietnam visa will be available again for US citizens from December 15, 2016

It is great for us to inform that from December 15, 2016, all types of Vietnam visa will be available again for US citizens.

As you know, from 01 September, 2016, just 1 type of Vietnam Visa is available for US citizens, that is 1 year multiple entries Visa. All US passport holders must obtain 1 year multiple entries visa, no matter how many days they want to stay in Vietnam. This policy encountered a lot of complaints from US travelers who just wished to stay in Vietnam for a short term, even a few days but had to pay for a large amount of money for the Visa.

Following the confirmation of Vietnam Immigration Department, from 15 December 2016, US citizens can apply all types of Vietnam Visa, including: 1 month with single or multiple entries visa, 3 months with single or multiple entries visa and 1 year multiple entries visa.

For US passport holders who have obtained the visa approval letter for 1 year multiple entries visa with us before but wish to stay in Vietnam for a shorter term can have opportunity to get a short-term visa approval letter processed by the Vietnam immigration Department for FREE, and then to get visa stamped at Vietnam airport at a lower stamping fee.

Visas Prices
Visas Prices

* Term and Condition:
- Apply for US citizens only.
- For 6 months and 1 year multiple entries Tourist visa, you can stay maximum for 3 months per entry. After 3 months, you must exit and come back again with a new 3 months of staying, until the expiry date of your 1 year Visa.

Vietnam launches e-visas for visitors from 40 countries

Nationals of eligible countries will be able to apply for a 30-day single-entry e-visa starting February 1.
The Vietnamese government has announced a two-year pilot plan to launch an electronic visa system for foreign tourists visiting the country.

Under a government directive released in late January, citizens from 40 countries will be eligible to apply for the e-visas starting on February 1.
The full list of eligible nationalities :
Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Mongolia, Myanmar, Norway, Panama, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Timor Leste, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.

To apply for e-visas, foreign citizens can access the websites or

Applicants are required to complete a form available on two separate websites (one in Vietnamese and the other in English) run by the Ministry of Public Security. They will receive an application code and will be asked to pay a non-refundable fee online (25$).

It will take three working days for tourists to find out if their applications have been approved or not, according to the directive.

Successful applicants will be able to print off their e-visas to present when they arrive.

Visitors can touch down at any of Vietnam's eight international airports, including Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Noi Bai in Hanoi and Da Nang in the central region. They can also arrive via land at 13 international border gates, and via sea at seven ports across the country.

In November last year, Vietnam's National Assembly overwhelmingly approved the plan to allow foreign visitors to apply online for 30-day, single-entry e-visas.

Apart from visa exemptions for tourists from the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN), Vietnam offers 15-day visa exemptions for visitors from the U.K., France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and Belarus. (until July 2017).

Tourism authorities are expecting to receive 11.5 million foreign arrivals this year, up 15 percent from 2016.

New work permit regulations for expats in Vietnam

The latest update on the requirements for foreigners to obtain the necessary permit to work in the country, effective on April 1, 2016. Here is what you need to know about the new rules.

Who is exempt?

The rules state that expats who possess a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in a related field are able to work in Vietnam without a work permit, but only if their they are in the country for no more than 30 days at a time and not more than a total of 90 days in a year.

Other employees can, however, work in Vietnam without permits regardless of duration if they are transferred to Vietnam by their company, and if that company operates in one of these 11 service sectors: business, information technology, construction, distribution, education, environment, finance, health, tourism, entertainment and transportation.

Working without permits regardless of time periods also applies to teachers working for international schools under the control of foreign embassies or international organizations. If they are working for local schools, they are obliged to get permission from the Ministry of Education and Training to be exempt from work permits.

Additionally, authorized volunteers from international organizations, foreign students working as an intern in Vietnamese companies or experts supporting and implementing Official Development Assistance projects are not required to obtain work permits in Vietnam.

How to get an exemption?

An employer must present the necessary documents to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, and Social Welfare to get an exemption for their employees at least seven days prior to their beginning work.

The documents must include:

  • A request to confirm a foreign worker is eligible for work permit exemption
  • Detailed information about the employee, including name, age, gender, nationality, passport number, term on employment and job description.
  • Copies of papers to prove the employee is eligible for a work permit exemption must be translated into Vietnamese. In cases where copies of the above papers are submitted, such copies must be notarized or there must be the originals thereof for comparison.

Within three days, the ministry will confirm a work permit exemption or state the reasons why the employee is ineligible.

A work permit exemption is valid for two years.

Who needs a work permit?

Any foreigner working in Vietnam (except in exemption cases) will need a work permit provided by the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, and Social Welfare

How to get a work permit?

The necessary documents must be submitted to the ministry at least 15 days prior to beginning of employment.

Documents must include:

  • A request written by the employer for a work permits for the employee.
  • A medical certificate, issued by authorized agencies either abroad or in Vietnam and valid for 12 months.
  • Criminal record from the country of origin. If the employee has resided in Vietnam, he only needs to obtain this from the Vietnamese authorities.
  • Documents to support qualifications as managers, executives, professionals or technical workers. In other cases, these documents can be replaced by:

+ A certificate for traditional craft

+ An experience qualification for a soccer player.

+ An aircraft license issued by authorized agencies in Vietnam for foreign pilots.

+ An aircraft maintenance license issued by authorized agencies in Vietnam for foreign aircraft maintenance technicians.

  • Proof of employment with foreign companies that send staff to work in Vietnam
  • Two color photos (size 4cm x 6cm, white background, looking forward, bareheaded, no colored glasses), taken within the last six months.
  • Notarized copy of passport

Documents provided by foreign companies and organizations must go through a process of consular notarization before being sent to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare.

Within seven days, the ministry will issue the work permit or state the reasons why the employee is ineligible.

The work permit is valid for 2 years.

After getting a work permit, the foreign employee and employer sign an employment contract and provide a copy of contract to the ministry.

What if foreign employees work in Vietnam without a work permit?

Expats working in Vietnam without work permits (except where they are exempted by the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare) will be expelled from the country.

Apply for work permit without criminal record

Work permit exemption can be applied in which circumstance?

Foreigners in the case under the provisions of Decree No. 11/2016/NĐ-CP.
Having time valid work permit.
The circumstances that allow criminal record exemption when apply for work permit

1. Request for re-issued work permit

Capture D’Écran 2017 04 20 À 08.47.22

2. Request for re-issued work permit renewal

Capture D’Écran 2017 04 20 À 08.47.48

Not qualified for criminal record exemption when apply for work permit

The ones whose circumstance which is not qualified for record exemption when apply for work permit then have to apply to obtain criminal record as the regulations specifiy. According to that:

Expatriates who have never resided in Vietnam => Foreign criminal record.
Expatriates who have once resided in Vietnam => Foreign or Vietnam criminal record.
Foreign criminal record requires Consular Legalization (unless they are exempted under the treaties, regulations,…), translated into Vietnamese and notarized under Vietnam laws.

Continue Vietnam Visa Exemption programs for 5 Western European countries until 30 June 2018

Vietnam government has decided to extend visa waivers program for visitors from the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and Spain.

This information was announced by the Minister, Chairman of the Government Office Mai Tien Dung announced at the meeting on 03 June, 2017. Thus, visitors from 5 Western European countries (including: United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain and Germany) are exempt from visa from 01 July, 2017 to 30 June, 2018, if the stay is less than 15 days, applicable to all kinds of passport and travel purposes.

The visa exemption policy for citizens of five Western European countries is being piloted from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016, then extended for a further year, to June 30, 2017. This is the second time this policy is renewed.


Capture D’Écran 2017 06 12 À 14.14.13


Every expat knows this problem, when the passport of your children expires before the expiration of the resident card (2 years), so that you need to pay another card, because it expires if your passeport is not up to date. So the goverment decided that if you need to renew the resident card of children younger that 14 years old, out-of-date because of their passeport, they give you a visa until the end of the resident card's duration for only 35 USD (against 150 USD before).

Losing his passeport in Vietnam - Bliss Saigon magazine

Lose his passport is a tragedy and is among the worst nightmares when you live or travel abroad. Vietnam understood it, so officials in the province of Khanh Hoa ( Nha Trang) have won support from Vietnam’s aviation watchdog over a proposal to assist those who find themselves in such situation by allowing them to Py domestically without a passport with only a confirmation letter from the local police.
When you lose your passport, you have to go to your embassy or Consulate in Ha Noi or HCMC but how to do it if you are far from these towns and can not fly there because you don’t have your passport anymore? The Khanh Hoa administration said this proposal would save tourists inconveniences. The CAAV has shown its support for the proposal in a document sent to its superior, the Transport ministry, which will give his final decision.
Source : Bliss Saigon Magazine

New work permit application classification for intragroup transfers

New work permit application classification now accepted by HCMC Labor Department eases key requirement for intragroup transfers. In English, the new classification is called “Manager, Executive Director, Expert and Technical Worker”. For this alert, we will shorten this classification to “MEDET”.

IMPACT: High (for those companies wishing to send employees to work in Vietnam for another company within a group of companies)

EFFECTIVE: Immediately (In Ho Chi Minh City Only)

BACKGROUND: Typically, in HCMC companies who want to send their employees to Vietnam under an Intracompany Transfer Work Permit Classification, are required to produce an assignment letter from the Investor Entity (the overseas investor entity that is listed on the Vietnamese business licenses). Also required for the Intracompany Transfer is that the employee must have at least 12 months working experience for the Overseas Investor Entity. For many Multinational Companies sending foreign employees to Vietnam, they cannot meet this requirement as the employee normally is being transferred from some other entity or location within the business group. If the employee is not being transferred directly from the Overseas Investor Entity, the only way to apply for a work permit as a “local hire” - with local labor contract. , not Intracompany Transfer.

The new MEDET classification only requires that the employee has at least 12 months working experience within the group of companies related to the Investor Entity. This means the employee does not have to have a working experience with the Overseas Investor Entity.


· The Assignment Letter still needs to come from the Overseas Investor Entity but needs only state the entity within the group of companies that the applicant will be sent from to Vietnam. The Assignment Letter also should mention the working experience duration the employee has spent at the company.

· Like for an intracompany transfer, under the MEDET work permit classification, the employee may remain on foreign payroll - No local labor contract required.

· The Working Testimonial can come from an entity in the group related to the investor and must contain the same info as the Assignment Letter with regard to location from which the transferee will originate from and duration of working experience with the company.

· A proof of the relationship of the companies may also be required especially if these entities do not have a common entity name

Cambodia : Without Business Permit, Foreigners Will Be Denied Long-Term Visa

Read more... 

Contact us for a quotation.

Please click here to view a list of our All Inclusive Packages.

New terms : how to get the permanent resident's card

You need to have these two conditions : 

- 3 years of consecutive residence in Vietnam 

- to be married to a Vietnamese citizen